An energy anomaly or setpoint alert indicates that we detected an abnormal pattern in your facility's energy usage, or that your energy usage hit a threshold for which you had requested an alert. Review the checklist to help identify some of the most common issues that trigger these alerts.
- Were there any atypical external factors that affect energy usage (e.g., weather, occupancy)?
- Were any appliances/equipment left on unintentionally?
- Was there a change in equipment or process that requires resetting a setpoint?
- Was there a breaker trip? If so, was the cause an overload or short circuit?
- If you have a building management system (BMS), was it recently reprogrammed?
- Did any equipment malfunction?