Verdigris runs proprietary algorithms on your facility's energy usage data to determine what times of day your building is typically in an "on" (occupied) state and when it is "off". If you receive a building state alert, Verdigris has detected an abnormality in your building's energy usage. Review the checklist of common problems to help identify the issue:
- Were there any atypical external factors that affect energy usage (e.g., weather, occupancy)?
- Were any appliances/equipment left on unintentionally?
- Was there a change in equipment or process that requires resetting a setpoint?
- If you have a building management system (BMS), was it recently reprogrammed?
- Did any equipment malfunction?