Occasionally you may need to add additional CT sensors after the system was already installed, for example if you install a breaker in a spare slot in the panel or add load to a breaker you weren't metering.
With Verdigris, adding additional CTs to an existing system is easy:
- Using the Installation Manual or Quick-Start Guide, follow the instructions to add the CTs into the appropriate position in the CT chain. Ensure that you reconnect the chain before and after the new CTs, and note the position of the CTs in the chain.
- Follow the instructions to reboot the Verdigris system. This is essential for the system to verify the installation and recognize the new CTs.
- In your browser, go to the Admin Console to configure the new CTs.
- You should now see unused sensors on the appropriate chain. In this example, Chain 2 previously had 7 CTs configured and we just added 3 CTs to Chain 2 which we haven't yet configured, thus "7/10 sensors used". If you didn't successfully reboot the Verdigris system after the installation, it will not recognize the new CTs and will continue to say all of the sensors are used, e.g. "7/7 sensors used". If this is the case, try to reboot again and check the results of the chain diagnostics and indicator lights.
5. Click the "Add Breaker" button for the appropriate chain to commission the new CTs.
6. When you've finished commissioning the breaker, click the up or down arrows to position the new CTs to correspond with their location in the panel.
You're finished. The system auto-saves your changes.
If you have any trouble, please contact our Support team by clicking the chat bubble in the right corner of the screen or email email@example.com.